Wednesday, February 24, 2010

CHRISTIANITY

I trust myself more than the god. As I think I am the one who hold my own destiny. I can’t hypnotize myself that there is god in this world as I am the man of science. I believe science is the key to explore the nature of world and it is only a matter of time that it gives us evidences and definite facts on how the world came about and why human beings create/need religious thinking. I trusted Darwinism in some parts as I think it is the most satisfying way to explain the evolution of life but it did confuse me that why Darwin cannot be sure about his own work and even said ‘don’t know’ about existence of god before he died. Some people did say god allowed evolution to happen in the first place but I think it contradicted to what the bible wrote. Therefore, my own conclusion based on what I know now is simply that the bible is just the ‘referencing guide’; we need to have some appreciation and understanding as not to follow blindly. I would say maybe bible is not a core of Christianity, maybe it’s just a fairytale, pure, simple book that god passed it to us. There is one part in ‘genesis’, which totally put me in confusing state. God created heaven, earth, mankind and every single life in six days. If you ask me whether dinosaur and human, possibly Adam and Eve are co-exist in some time, I would say it only happened in ‘Flintstone’ cartoon. We are adult and we have the intellectual to choose what to follow based on our own judgment. There are things in bible, which I think it’s not that true in some sense, e.g. the earth is only 6000 years old.

Sorry, I’m just not a person who believes in faith…

No comments: